houzzaupolls

Win 4 tickets to 2018 Melbourne International Flower & Garden Show

HouzzAU Polls
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hey Houzzers!

Vote and comment for your chance to WIN 4x tickets 2018 Melbourne International Flower & Garden Show (valid for one day entry from Wednesday 21st – Sunday 25th March, 2018)

How to enter:

Step one: Vote in all three of these polls –

1. [How will you style your home for autumn?[(https://www.houzz.com.au/discussions/how-will-you-style-your-home-for-autumn-dsvw-vd~5138442)

2. [What flowering bulb will you be planting in autumn?[(https://www.houzz.com.au/discussions/what-flowering-bulb-will-you-be-planting-in-autumn-dsvw-vd~5138454)

3. [What are you prioritising in the garden this autumn?[(https://www.houzz.com.au/discussions/what-are-you-prioritising-in-the-garden-this-autumn-dsvw-vd~5138420)

Step two: Comment on this post with your favourite thing about autumn for your chance to win.

See terms and conditions.

Competition closes 23.59 AEDT on 14 March 2018.

Winner announcement 10:00 AEDT 15 March 2018 in the comments.

Comments (48)

• Robert Moso
    6 years ago

The cooler Autumn weather means I can get out in the garden to tidy up after the heat of Summer. I like to plant trees, hedges and veggies whilst the soil is still warm, so plants a good start before winter and Autumn is a great time to plan and plant out a Spring bulb garden, there's always room for one more bulb!

• PRO
    Hemp Gallery Australia Pty Ltd
    6 years ago

My birthday!

Kidding, but not really...

• Tom McGruther
    6 years ago

It's getting closer to being an excuse to use the fireplace....

• Lyndall Crisp
    6 years ago

I am looking forward to nights on the couch and bringing out the knitting!

• Sara Graham
    6 years ago
    Coming home to magnificent tree on the nature strip outside my house (with two more in the back yard).
  • cianor
    6 years ago

Seeing some fantastic films in the French Film Festival - one of the highlights of my year! Right now we are renovating our kitchen, so specifically for this autumn, I'm looking forward to it being completed.

• Lyn Huppatz
    6 years ago
    The footy! Yeah! Something to watch on tv and planting up my vegie garden.
  • laurenac
    6 years ago
    voted on all :) I love the colour autumn brings, with a good planting selection gardens can look stunning all year round.. autumn colours are my favourite!
  • Sal Monella
    6 years ago
    I love the autumn colours. The colours of the leaves inspire the perfect pallet to mirror inside the house and in your wardrobe!
  • Yasantha Eleperuma
    6 years ago
    love to prep the garden up for the next season's produce.
  • roseB
    6 years ago
    Planting fruit trees and lots of daffodils- more the merrier!
  • Cheryle C
    6 years ago

Growing plants and bulbs successfully on my balcony when told it was impossible! Loving gardenias, magnolia, roses, and bulbs galore!!

• User
    6 years ago

My favourite thing about autumn is that l can still enjoy gardening, planting bulbs for exquisite bursts of colour and raking all the leaves!

• pamackenziequilts
    6 years ago

The best thing about autumn in Melbourne is the weather, cool nights & warm days. The sting has gone out of the sun, it is softer & kisses the garden gently. The soil is still warm so is perfect for new planting of veggies & spring blooms. The cool nights colour the trees golden yellow, red, burgundy & orange. Leaves carpet the ground... my favorite time of year.

• PRO
    Panelform
    6 years ago

Making inside cosy and attractive forthe cooler evenings :)

• Jackie Reynolds
    6 years ago

I love the colour that comes with Autumn and the amazing photos you can take when the kids are playing outside.

• merync
    6 years ago
    Sunny blue days and cool crisp nights. Finally getting get to pull a few things out of the winter wardrobe.
  • Carly Forbes
    6 years ago

My favourite thing about Autumn is the change in season. A great time to plant the new fruit trees and watch the frost take over to get a great crop of apricot and berries come summer! The garden changes so much in Autumn, due to the warm and cold days and it is beautiful to watch the plants constantly adjusting

• alex_aguilar86
    6 years ago

Autumn is all about seeing my tulips and calla lilies go to sleep after their beautiful spring display. It is also about switching the wardrobe into warmer clothes - scarves finally!!

• Lynne C
    6 years ago

Love Melbourne's Autumn... the colours in the trees, picnics in the park with warm coats and great friends, excited kids throwing autumn leaves :D

• suzy23233
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Melbourne in Autumn is the pinnacle of beauty with so much to see and do in glorious weather!

• robnkez1
    6 years ago

The beautiful autumn colour is my favorite thing about that time of year. Every day my garden changes as the leaves turn and fall leaving an amazing carpet on my drive. After raking them up and mulching them they then become valuable mulch for my garden. I also love the cooler weather and relief rom the summer heat.

• jen126
    6 years ago
    Living in Brisbane it’s hard to identify autumn but on the few days it appears or that I can get to a more southerly clime, I love the changing colours of poplars and the crunch of leaves on the ground as you wander through a beautiful garden.
  • Alice Russell
    6 years ago

seeing how my new garden changes with the seasons

• Joshua Eames
    6 years ago

I have this tree outside my house which is currently green, but when Autumn comes, the leaves go a beautiful Princeton Orange colour. It's also about this time where my Roses around my house start to be pruned, and they come out with hundreds and hundreds of them by Summer, it truly is special, but I have to admit, my favourite season is Summer... lol

• w_clarke
    6 years ago

Autumn means I can celebrate the Autumn Solstice, unpack our woven wool rugs for the lounge room, start cooking curries, collect autumn leaves for the chook run, plant purple podded peas & Scarlett Cambridge broad beans and begin wearing my handmade woolly scarves!

• Elayne Heiner
    6 years ago

Going for a drive to the nearby Alpine towns and admiring the avenues of trees and there changing colours.

• User
    6 years ago

I love
    Melbourne in Autumn, a change to crisp cool weather, and watching leaves become all shades of gold, orange and garnet. Perfect weather for tucking into Sticky Date pudding with
    Butterscotch sauce!

• Stephanie
    6 years ago
    Taking my son out in his gum boots to walk through the leaves. Strolling in the cool with my new baby girl. Hubby and I enjoying a drink on our deck or bedroom balcony in the cool evenings.
  • Annie Gardner
    6 years ago

While the weather is still warm, not too hot, it is a great time of year to enjoy dinner on the deck over looking at our garden.

• Tina Heath
    6 years ago
    I love autumn because the days are still sunkissed, but the evenings draw in earlier.... giving us time as a family to hop under the giant black mink blanket with a movie.
  • Joanne Robertson
    6 years ago
    For me, autumn brings a welcome reprieve from the heat plus some cosy rainy days. This season we will be moving into our new house so there will be many things on our autumn task list!
  • dawnie2154
    6 years ago
    I’m looking forward to spending time in the garden planting and trimming. Some rain will be welcomed and some sunny days to promote the growth . Love the post picture.. Nature is amazing.
  • PRO
    Norton Homes Pty Ltd
    6 years ago

Autumn welcomes new beginnings and diversity of designs & styling.

• lesandnic
    6 years ago

Autumn is my favourite season, the cooler temperatures and sunny clear days make great gardening weather plus the soil is still warm enough to get plants established before next summer. I'm looking forward to weekends spent establishing a new garden plus enjoying the autumn colours.

• evatronn
    6 years ago
    Autumn colours
  • wendy kurka
    6 years ago

The Melbourne International Garden Show! Magnificent setting with established trees in autumn colour, buying new bulbs and seedlings, being inspired to try something different. Great information, stunning floral arrangements, ideas for more sustainable projects, The MIGS is a fabulous day out.

• Anne
    6 years ago

I love Autumn for it's dramatic change of colour more than any other season here in Tassie. I only wish I had the room to plant all the deciduous trees in my garden to have that contrast of red, gold, green and yellow.

• Grace C
    6 years ago
    The consistent and comfortable weather that allows for lots of outdoor entertaining, and lots of meals outdoors before the cool winter arrives
  • Vikki Trinder
    6 years ago
    The cooler weather, the foliage colours and flowers and my birthday all make Autumn my favourite season.
  • Hilde Gard
    6 years ago

Harvesting my tomatoes and plums!

• Belinda Bee
    6 years ago

I love the cooler weather which is perfect for gardening. I'm always on the hunt for rare and unusual bulbs which get planted out in Autum. Deliciduous trees that turn gorgeous colours before leaf fall is always a sight to behold too!

• PRO
    Interiors by Brinnie T Design | Phillip Island
    6 years ago

My favourite thing about autumn?

There is not just one thing - i love the days that are still warm but the chill that comes in the evening; the colours of the trees as they turn; bringing out the quilts and blankets; cozy time on the couch......

Jo x

• lynnrobe
    6 years ago
    Cooler weather, autumn leaves and colour, planting out spring bulbs
  • kjro
    6 years ago
    Love watching the leaves change and fall, and then using them for compost!!
  • Kirsty Skilbeck
    6 years ago
    Autumn leaves, cool days and hopefully some rain so that I can have a break from the endless watering of the garden.
  • PRO
    HouzzAU
    6 years ago

Thanks to everyone for your fantastic answers and voting in this poll series.

This was a tricky one and we'd like to congratulate Anne!

Anne, please look forward to receiving an email shortly from the Houzz team.

Don't worry if you missed out on the occasion, stay tuned for more competitions coming up.

The Houzz team.