beachlily

Island countertop.....frazzled lady here!

beachlily
9 years ago
So was going with quartz in Calcutta grey or gold. BUT now think that's a bit safe ( aka boring). So been looking at blui sh greenish ocean colored granite for just island to add pop! So e of it is just absurd I terms of cost ($ 10,000 for blue Louise? Um. No.). So need ideas, thoughts, etc as my GC and husband are ready to hit me with a hammer.

Pix are of cabinets and walls are BM Healing Aloe.

For those who gave me previous advice thanks... I am waffling....again.

Comments (6)

• mick50
    9 years ago
    And would be MUCH cheaper than a granite slab!
    beachlily thanked mick50
  • PRO
    Sharon Cross Interior Design
    9 years ago
    If you went with honed basalt which is a dark bluish grey your splash back will sit comfortably and your bench would just smooth your whole kitchen out. I'm hoping that Basalt is readily available for you to view where you are. Needs to be honed to work.
    beachlily thanked Sharon Cross Interior Design
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    you need your backsplash and bench to be one unless you're planning to change both.
  • beachlily
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I should have stated that this is only a stock photo of my cabinetry. Mine are not installed yet...I was thinking Calcutta grey or gold quartz for countertop? Then white subway tile...but isn't that boring? Should I look for a more interesting island top color?
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    The world's your oyster than if back splash not as viewed. If you're looking for positive reinforcement I'd run with Calcutta Grey and the white subway tile as with the strength and dominance of your cabinetry you will need the back splash and counter top to view as one. and not another two distinct lines. What is your flooring as if timber as pictured I'd rule out the gold quartz.