justin_carter9342920

TILES CAN I "HONE" AN INDOOR TILE FOR OUTDOOR USE ONCE COATED ?

Justin Carter
9 years ago
Hello people, Question time again. Im trying to match indoor and outdoor colour to my project around the living and pool area. I have 10 Meters of space to work with which includes 5 meters width of the living area. If i break the colours indoor v's outdoor it will make my area look smaller, more confined ? If i use polished concrete inside and try and match the colour outside, the surface will get hot.

Soooooo... I have added some photos here. I went and purchased a box of man made granite tiles 80x 80cm. Keeping the shiny for the inside and tried "honing" the surface of the other tile as a test so i could use it outside and keeping the surface of the 'honed tile" slightly textured to ensure not so slippery and matching the inside colour. After coating this honed tile it has gone slightly darker which is ok. What im wanting to know, is this ok to do ? will there be any down the line effects of the tile if its outside in a wet area ? it maybe only wet for 3 months of the year for a few hours at a time. My challenge here is price V's product / Styling / practicality

-Timber is too expensive for outdoor application / requires maintenance
-Marble expensive
-Natural stone expensive also

if anyone has any solutions / kmowledge / advice it its ok to hone an indoor tile and add a protective coating for the outside. this would be much appreciated.

Thanks Houzz'ers!

Justin :)

Comments (10)