mnkiwi89

Awkward lounge nook

mnkiwi89
6 years ago
I'm not sure whether I should cry or congratulate myself on having the most awkward space possible.

Okay, that may be a little dramatic. Definitely first world problems here, but I find myself unsure of what to do with this space! In the first shot, you can see the majority of the lounge. The house was built in the late 60's and I've already replaced the fixtures, sconces, and curtains that showed so. However, this space still has me trumped. Apparently it was originally the front door and entry way, but now it's merely an inset 4'x10' space with a window. I like the idea of a benchseat/reading nook, but on the other hand I'd love to incorporate into the rest of the room. Is there such a thing as a wraparound sectional??

The trick is that I'm limited in what I can change. The small vent you see on the ceiling is imperative for funneling heat to the other parts of the house, so I can't block it off. The primary light switch is on the six inch wall behind the grey chair, and behind that is a hidden floor-to-ceiling column of hidden shelves, so my hopes of building a desk or bookshelf into the corner would ruin precious storage. Any houzzers with some epiphanies on how to maximize this awkward space??