salheight

Flooring is terracotta too outdated?

salheight
11 years ago
Moving to a new house, it is about 10 years old and the kitchen and bathrooms need replacing. I want to do it as economically as possible and would rather not replace the terracotta tiles in the bathrooms and kitchen. However here in NZ the trend is very much for large white or beige coloured floor tiles or wooden flooring. Do you think if I replace the kitchen which will be white cabinetry, bathrooms will be glass and tiled showers, that I could keep the terracotta?

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    Do you like the terracotta tiles? Then keep them. They are classic, and I've seen them in higher-end projects a lot lately too. Do a search on houzz and see if you can see some inspirational decor where they are included.
  • PRO
    Flawless Interior Design
    11 years ago
    Terracotta tiles are beautiful, they add warm and charm to any room, nonetheless, what type of cabinets are you doing? What kind of terracotta tiles do you have? some terracotta tiles from France and England can be very expensive.
  • charleee
    11 years ago
    I love terra cotta floor tiles! Here's a pic with a white kitchen, I think it's stunning. [houzz=
    an eclectic house · More Info
    ]
  • PRO
    Flawless Interior Design
    11 years ago
    I believe the reason the tiles work well with the cabinetry is because the tile is lite in color and flat, its not rustic unlike most terracotta. The expensive cabinets work fine with the floors because of the smooth finish. The floor here is the focal point of this room. The Interior Designer or whoever did this room, did a very nice job, keeping it very simple.