mel1124

How to display Stereo & TV hardware

mel1124
9 years ago
Not sure what to do?: awkward shaped room. 1960s house Old TV will go, wall mounted TV will stay ....How should I store the TV and stereo hardware?.......should I attempt to 'mirror' the doorway with a tall unit or use a small unit and a tall pot plant? I will paint walls and retile the fireplace surround.

Comments (6)

• valeryford
    9 years ago
    Move TV and hide cords photo shows an office table from damaged stock in a large store legs cut and drawer removed.
    Could still attach TV to wall but not to high Cheers Val
  • jedda16
    9 years ago
    If you are going to the effort of retiling the fireplace surround, would you consider going to a bit more effort and creating a full wall unit which incorporates the fireplace and the TV, with extra shelves and cupboards to display and store? (I also have reservations about the heat and the TV and associated wiring.) This may also address the lack of symmetry associated with the location of the fireplace, if that is a consideration. Do you use the fireplace often enough to justify keeping it? Alternatively, a wall unit on the left hand wall, which is where the power and TV points seem to be, may be the best solution - as previously suggested. All the best.
  • Barbara Dunstan
    9 years ago
    @mel1124,
    Must agree with Karen, the tv just doesn't go there above the fireplace, and neither the tv or the fireplace are centred, so this makes for a very unbalanced room and detracts from the nice fireplace.
    Definitely put the tv on the left wall if possible.
    Not sure just how big your room is but I keep seeing so may photo's of overfilled rooms, that said, I'n not sure this room could take the pictured shelving.
    Perhaps more photos of the room???
    Good luck.
    Cheers,
    Barbara
  • Carole
    9 years ago
    Here are some ideas for better placement of your TV to balance the fireplace. It would be very uncomfortable to view the TV at that height, unless you are fully reclined.
    [houzz=
    San Rafael Mid Century · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Fireplace · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Media Unit 002890 · More Info
    ][houzz=
    Roxton · More Info
    ]

Building a storage solution for your other hardware and incorporating some display shelving in a style that suits your decorating preferences should give you the result you're aiming for. Hope this helps.
  • PRO
    Prism Interiors
    9 years ago
    Agree with removing the fireplace and putting in a wall mounted unit or boxing with integrated fireplace/hardware storage with shelving (as per Carole's top picture).