nmohring

Hunting for a Large area jute rug supplier

nmohring
9 years ago
I'm in South Australia and am looking for a large Jute rug approx 9ft x 12ft and am struggling to find a supplier here in Australia. Would anyone be able to give any recommendations? I found a fantastic company in the USA that have a great range of Natural Area Rugs but would prefer to buy something from an Australian company if possible.
Thanks in advance
Natasha

Comments (15)

• bigreader
    9 years ago
    Google natural floor coverings.

You will get some suitable hits.

The Natural Floor company in Sydney does tailor made rugs.
  • nmohring
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hi Lavish Abode,

The end picture looks like what we are after, so long as it doesn't have tassels (we find the tassels lose a lot of fibres). If you could get a price I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance
    Natasha
  • PRO
    Lavish Abode
    9 years ago
    I'll call the supplier either this afternoon or Monday, I'm waiting at an appointment at the moment :) then I'll get back to you
  • PRO
    Lavish Abode
    9 years ago
    I have contacted our supplier, just waiting on a stock list to be emailed. Would 240cm x 340cm be large enough? They do also do 300x400cm but I think they are special order so there might be a wait on that size.
  • nmohring
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hi there,

I think the 240 x 340 will be slightly too small. I'm doing a layered type thing with a rug we already own so I think the larger size would work better and give us more of the effect I'm looking for..
  • PRO
    Lavish Abode
    9 years ago
    Ok, our supplier has quoted us. The timeframe for a custom ordered jute rug in oversize is 8-10weeks. They retail for $110 inc Gst per square metre. So say it was 3x4 m, that's $1320. He has been at a trade fair so is still to send me photos of available weaves. If you are interested I can get you the photos, if not just let me know, thanks :)
  • billandvivianmcdermott
    9 years ago
    What about a price on the second on,any size?
  • PRO
    Lavish Abode
    9 years ago
    He still hasn't sent me an email with the price list, I believe he's just busy at the trade event. I'll get onto him again, sorry, I have been hassling him, not usually this hard! Get back to you soon :)
  • nmohring
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Lavish Abode,
    That's great thank you for getting the price for me. I'm just waiting on another price to come back and will let you know if I want to take it further.
    Thanks Natasha x
  • PRO
    Lavish Abode
    9 years ago
    Do you have an email I can send you more info to? Thanks
  • nmohring
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Yeah sure - nmohring79@gmail.com
  • bigreader
    9 years ago
    Temple and Webster have two sales on at the moment that have Jute and similar rugs.
  • Debra
    9 years ago
    I saw an almost identical rug to your picture at Ikea last week, don't know how much though sorry. They also have a chunkier weave which is very nice - 2m x 3m for $150. You could buy 2 and lay them together for a very reasonable cost. I was wafting through Ikea in Brisbane but I am sure their stores all have the same/similar stock. Hope this helps.