bushliving

What colour curtains should we choose?

Angela Lawrence
9 years ago
Hi there,

I'm completely torn about what colour curtains and roman blind to put in our small bedroom.

We have Resene 1/4 tea ( http://www.resene.co.nz/swatches/preview.php?chart=Resene The Range whites & neutrals (2010)&brand=Resene&name=Quarter Tea) as the colour on our walls and a beige and grey two tone sisal look carpet.

I'm after a natural and neutral look that won't make the room appear too small. I'm incredibly torn between an off-White or going with a darker muddy grey. I'm worried the off-white will make the room look too washed out and get dirty (we have 2 toddlers!!) and that the darker colour may make the room feel a bit too closed in. 3 colour options are outlined in the photos below. The photos don't quite do the colours justice I'm afraid, but it's the best I could get.

Unfortunately there weren't any other colours in-between that suited the tones of the walls and carpet! We are also getting an off-White privacy / sunshade roller blind to cover the main window which the curtains will ultimately cover when drawn.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm useless at making decisions like this!
Thank you so much for taking the time to help.

Comments (12)