kim_hagan387

need help with tv /bookcase/ storage wall

Kim
11 years ago
I have been having an arg... ahh, discussion with my partner over what to do with the area around our lounge tv and the surrounding wall.
Our open plan living area is small, approx. 7.5m x 6.5m which contains the lounge, kitchen and dining area and we need a solution for our tv area and some storage.
I want to build a unit that fits the area , from floor to ceiling with a bench seat for storage, and shelves for knick knacks photos etc.
The there would be no back so the light still comes through the window during the day and the shutters would remain for night time. The curtain would go. Plus points for me lots of shelves, storage in the bench set allows the dvr amp and toys etc to be put away out of site. Negative, its not a large room so could encroach a little though I think the bench rather than a wide unit the whole way up solves this.
She wants a small entertainment unit for dvr , amp and co and a couple of book cases and cubes either side. Pluses , uncomplicated and changeable and doesn't block any light, negatives not enough storage and will result in toys being visible still, instead of totally out of the way.
So would love your opinions or other ideas, thanks in advance !

Comments (7)