melda15

Renovating to sell

melda15
8 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

My husband & his brother are renovating their investment property for sale. It is a small 3 bedroom house built in the 1980s with small rooms and low ceilings. It's currently being painted, new carpets will go in soon and a new kitchen has gone in. I'm trying to get some ideas for lighting and carpet. Lighting. There is no ceiling cavity, so recessed lights are out. The bedrooms have low ceilings, while the living areas have sloped ceilings. I'm trying for something modern with a big of wow because the place is a bit plain. So I'm after light fitting suggestions for small low ceiling bedrooms. We're also picking carpet and I'm thinking of a grey palate throughout the house. Walls and ceiling are white, there is a grey vanity & tiles in the bathroom, and a very pale grey cabinetry in the kitchen. I was looking at a charcoal coloured carpet because it feels a bit more modern, but am concerned that it might make the place seem very small. Obviously the idea is to create something fresh that will appeal to buyers - probably young families and first time buyers. So I'd like there to be a bit of wow to appeal to those buyers. Ideas and advice appreciated!!

Comments (4)