ashleighanne_smith

Updating tired and odd exterior, please help!

Ashleigh Anne Smith
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi everybody, we have just bought this house and would appreciate some help with what to do to the exterior.

We would like to paint the house to make it have more street appeal, at the moment it is just white with a red iron roof. We will paint the weatherboards, trim, roof and fences and whatever else we need to. I really like the scallop detail above the windows (don't know what this is called but I have posted a photo) and wondering if this would look nice in a different colour to the weatherboards?

Also we have this nice gate but this is currently up the side of the house down the driveway, as you can see. We were thinking to move this to the front so it will be seen and accessed from the street, but the fence along the front is shorter than the side and not sure if the pickets will match.

I also dislike the trellis fencing around the deck, as it blocks the view of the house from the street and I think it looks strange. I understand it was put there for privacy but should we chop it down for sake of street appeal?

Would love some ideas from you which won't cost a lot! Thanks :)

Comments (7)