espdevelopmentsau

Renovated queenslander

ESP Developments
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

This small inner city Brisbane cottage was in need of updating and extending. The design brief was to increase the living space by adding a third bedroom, new lounge room and back deck. The ground floor became a garage, storage, bathroom, laundry with hallway and internal stairs up to the newly extended lounge room.

During the renovations we were able to fix all the outstanding issues with the little cottage. The lower floor concrete was uneven, cracked and leaked every time it rained. Some of the concrete stumps and old block work were collapsing. No internal stairs or secure car parking. Small lounge room and old rotted deck frame in need of replacing.

Rear house before renovations:

Rear of house after renovations:

Now the house has been transformed.

Front of house before renovations:

Front of house after renovations:

Comments (5)

• Neryl Hollingsworth
    8 years ago

Hi Helen - this is a marvellous job you have done. Oh how i would love to have a Queenslander all my own. I'm interested in why you chose to add a landing to the staircase out the front? Is that to make it less steep?

If I was you I would be looking forward to spending hours upon hours in that back outdoor room, now. How wonderful will it be to have all your freinds or rellos over and to accommodate them all in one happy area!

• PRO
    ESP Developments
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you, Neryl. The new stairs solved three issues. We were governed by the distance from the entry to the side fence/retaining wall, hence the new stairs do not impede on either. This traditional design suits Queenslander's and we also improved access by having direct access from the driveway. Our client was more than happy to take on our design expertise in this field.

Overall the project exceeded our client's expectations.

• wuff
    8 years ago
    Fabulous job
  • Deb Moran
    8 years ago
    Excellent job! Love the back deck.
  • Vivienne Halliday
    5 years ago

great job