mallory5nz

Would you feel exposed??

mallory5nz
8 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Would you feel "exposed" in a bathroom that had 8' high walls but the ceiling was at 11'? We are remodeling a 100 year old school house that has a series of internal windows between a hallway and main room. The windows start at 8.5' height and extend to the ceiling (11'). I love these windows as they allow for great cross ventilation between the hallway and main room. We are looking to add a bathroom off the hallway (stealing space from the main room). If we run the wall height to 11', the internal windows will be enclosed in the bathroom and we'll lose the cross ventilation aspect as well as the filtered light those windows bring into the main room in the afternoon. I'm wondering how it might look to have the walls only extend up to 8' and then leave a 3' gap from the top of the wall to the ceiling above. I don't want to run a ceiling in the bathroom at 8' as it would create a huge "shelf" above the bathroom. Any thoughts??? Would you feel "exposed" if there was a 3' gap along the upper perimeter of a bathroom (starting 8' high)?

Comments (13)