4jellybeanz

Colour guidance for the Colourblind

4jellybeanz
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
Hi. We will be moving into our new home very shortly and are understandably excited. However, as the building inspector said, 'the house needs to feel some love'. Expect to see quite a bit of me around here over the next few years!
One of the first jobs we need to do soon after we move in is to paint the exterior in order to improve weather proofness. The cedar detailing also needs restaining.
The cedar is above some of the doors as well as cladding the bedroom area at the rear of the house. The window and door frames are grey and can't be changed. In time we hope to add some schist but that is the distant future and another repaint may be in order before we get to that point.
The house is in an amazing high country location where it can be very hot and dry in summer, and cold with occasional snow in winter. We would prefer a colour scheme which suits the style of the house as well as compliments / fits in the environment which surrounds it.
My husband is colourblind and time has proven he can't be relied on to know his reds from his greens so he is leaving colour choices up to me! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)

• Annie Vance
    11 years ago
    Hummm...I think it looks absolutely stunning the way it is. Is it posssible to have a close up shot of the color details?
  • 4jellybeanz
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Thank you! It won us over. The photos don't show it all as there is another stunning mountain range that dominates the view from the front of the house. These photos were taken a couple of years ago when the property was on the market prior to the current vendors purchasing it. We move in next week so will take some more photos then. Thanks.