hzdeleted_10560851

Aussie chat thread. Is koala the new grey?

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I've been on Houzz for 2years, give or take, I don't know many Aussies, and I'm fed up with that. So a group of us thought we'd start a new Chat thread for Aussie Houzzers all over the world. No advertising, no mean stuff, no other rules.

looking forward to getting to know you!

Public Domain

Comments (2.1k)

• Tribbletrouble44152k7 Trek
    8 years ago

Hey Badger you don't like Celtic woman? ;) ;) I'm almost 100% Celtic!!! A number of generations ago my ancestors came to Aus from Ireland, Scotland and Cornwall. And I mean the Wild West of Scotland, the Celt side. That's why I like a good joke, a party, music, jewellery, embroidery, reading and writing.

8 years ago

While I'm on my bridge theme, this goes out to those who need to hear it

8 years ago

Has anyone got a bridge in their garden?

• badger10
    8 years ago

Tribble, don't get me wrong, I love all things Celtic, but I think there are many artist's better then the "Celtic women" group, I have 96 c.d's of Irish/Celtic music, which includes Welsh and Scottish music

Do's that answer your question ?, bottom one not finished yet, just need's the post's cutting off

8 years ago

Is that your bridge? Finish it and post it finished for us! How exciting!

yes, I posted the Celtic woman songs to inspire Jenny to get better. Couldn't remember the Corrs name. Why don't you post your favourites up? Would love to hear. I post the minutes they take, as many people are on a data budget.

• telperien
    8 years ago
    Love the drawbridge!
    8 years ago

We are thinking of you, Jenny!

• 7weed1
    8 years ago

Yay! I think we have the Autumn break. Fill those dams.... grow that grass.... fatten those animals....

• how2girl
    8 years ago
    We might be on the cusp of it here - light rain all night, though in these parts they call that a storm (?), & still raining now, but humid as heck. Saw a Jacaranda in flower the other day, very odd, usually flower in 1st or 2nd week of November.
  • telperien
    8 years ago
    Nope, Autumn has snuck away again, Summer is dragging it out as long as she can. Back up into the 30's , inside is okay but too hot to be cleaning out the garage (the other job I wanted to get done this weekend) . A few clouds starting to appear, might get cooler later on.
    8 years ago

Tele, when will you get a chance to put your feet up and take some Me time?

8 years ago

Went to the festival today. When I write it will put it on the Scarborough Fair thread. Very tired from walking. Bought a window, and said to people I know, "I bought a large window today, my husband thinks I'm a pane."

• telperien
    8 years ago
    Well, Tribble, I went grocery shopping today, then came home, left the unpacking to everyone else, and went to sleep! Only woke a little while ago! Does that count as Me time? It was very nice, especially since we still have two days to go on the weekend. I think we need more four day weekends.
    8 years ago

Very good! If I was there I'd give you a manipedi. Or my daughter would, she's right into the "creative" versions, painting patterns and glitter on nails!

8 years ago

Anyone else got any Aussie Easter images and thoughts?

8 years ago

Get well soon, Jenny!

8 years ago

Hi, Aussie Houzzers and friends, just to let you know the Buddy system worked in this instance, and I'm able to report that Jenny has survived her back operation. She has had a rough trot, though. She will be coming back to Houzz when is able to type.

i recommend the buddy system to all, whereupon everyone gives a Houzzer their email address, in case of unexplained or prolonged absence.

8 years ago

Can anyone else see this thread? I've been alone on here since 26 March.

• how2girl
    8 years ago
    I'm with you...
    Thanks for the update on Jenny's situation, good to hear she's on the mend. Best wishes back to her.
  • telperien
    8 years ago
    Tribble, that's great news. Thank you for passing that along .
  • telperien
    8 years ago
    Jenny, it will be great to hear from you when you are able, don't feel obliged to start typing, just pop on briefly (whoops, auto-corrupt tried to type "pop on briefs" ! ) whenever you and your battered body feel up to it! Love and best wishes to you.
    8 years ago

Buttered body? Don't think you get that kind of full service on Medicare? If so, thank you Mr Turnbull!! Is it much extra for chocolate body paint?

8 years ago

Coming into winter heating season and dry skin, recipes for body butter

http://www.naturallivingideas.com/17-of-the-worlds-best-body-butter-recipes/

• badger10
    8 years ago

HAY,,,, I'm back,,, had a great time looking at my new granddaughter, and the other grandchildren when I went to G.B. took them out for a variety of trips to give mum some rest, they enjoyed it and so did I , was able to see some friends too, great time

8 years ago

That's great, Badger!

8 years ago

Some bikkies for you, Jenny

need to expand pic.

• Vy
    8 years ago

read it too quick thought it was some bikinis for you lol

8 years ago

I was always a burner, so even when I could wear those, I had to cover them up. See ya later.

• badger10
    8 years ago

They look great fun,, when yer gunner invite me for tea ?????????

What a lovely cheer up for Jenny.

Spring is here with all the daf's out but still low temp's, sun out but intermittent rain

8 years ago

Badger, when the reno is finished, tho I didn't make those.

• Jenny
    8 years ago

Heaps & heaps of thanks to all of you. I'm well as can be again. I'm ready for fun. Talk that is. Bikkies were yummie Trib. So many things have occupied my mind in the last month , I have now gone blank. That is probably my body and mind recharging itself. I'm a firm believer that the body gives the best advice to your mind. All you need do, is take the time to listen.

• how2girl
    8 years ago
    Great to have you back & well Jenny. They are insightful words - I should probably listen more!
  • badger10
    8 years ago

Nice to see your words Jen

• badger10
    8 years ago

Hay, look what I've got

8 years ago

Very sweet!

8 years ago

Yay, Jenny's home with us again!

• Vy
    8 years ago

Thanks Jenny..my body is telling me to slow down..feels like a battery that's not charging properly some days..lol..I'd better get up as have accepted a volunteering shift this afternoon in the city..looks like a miserable grey day..but it's what gets me out of the house..I'll feel better when I am out..just the process of getting out is hard..

8 years ago

Here's one for Jenny

A doctor in Massachusetts has been suspended for leaving a patient in
    the middle of spinal surgery to go to the bank for 35 minutes to deposit
    a check. The patient was furious, he wanted to complain, but, he didnt
    have the backbone.

• Fiona
    8 years ago
    Hey peeps, I've been a bit MIA of late, to be honest I think I melted under the onslaught of heat and humidity we had through Feb and March. I'm glad to hear that Jenny is doing well and Badger has had a good time being Gramps.
  • telperien
    8 years ago
    Hey, fiona, good to hear from you again! How's your garden coming along ? And have you painted your house?
  • Fiona
    8 years ago
    The garden is looking a bit crispy, now that the weather is a bit more friendly I need to get stuck in, when I finish the bedrooms. I have a heap of bulbs ready to go I when it cools down.
    I spent the weekend cursing whatever philistine pulled up the original hearth in the spare room as I chipped concrete away so that when I re-tile it will be level with the floor.
    8 years ago

Everything ok, Jenny?

• quokkaz
    7 years ago

gday all

how is everyone ???

• quokkaz
    7 years ago

Hey Badger how is it going over there ?

did you finish your bridge yet ?

Jenny hope your back is feeling better

• badger10
    7 years ago

Hi quokkaz,,, how the devil are you,, no not done anything to the bridge yet, we have had some major rain over the winter and large amounts of water have washed away one of my waterfall as well as damaging a second just under the bridge, so I need to repair these before I finish the bridge, we had some good weather last week so got around the garden and mowed the grass for the first time, now its turned very cold with a north wind with snow forecast in places, so will look at the waterfalls and bridge when i have tidied up the garden after winter