clarecazza

Kitchen success - thanks everyone!

clarecazza
8 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I posted a design dilemma in July 2015 about our kitchen/walk in pantry/laundry. Thought I'd share success details of that plus the kitchen. Many thanks to everyone for sensible ideas back in July on pantry/laundry, especially LouieT and Riche Design :-) Thanks Sarah Tilley of Mi Designer Styling for excellent and timely advice re all my many (!) questions on layout, colours, finishes etc etc. Sensible but delicious advice/ideas/alternatives :-) Kitchen: Here's our (almost) finished kitchen (work still to do on stools, new fridge...) Cupboards laminate (laminex silver grey and charcoal), bench Essa stone promenade, end panels and splashback custom made (chez moi!), inspired by The Painted Hive (see below) and stackstone. Appliance cupboard below MW is 500 deep (bench is 700 deep), twin bifold doors. 'Cupboard' to left of fridge is actually an integrated freezer.

Design inspired by Roundhouse Kitchens (love!)

and

and The Painted Hive relove project

Walk in pantry/laundry The tall double doors on the right of the kitchen back wall are a 'hidden' entry to the walk in pantry/laundry. I ended up cutting the laundry in half to get a decent walk in pantry. This is all a very hard working space. Small but functional. Mail gets filed on left, whiteboard & corkboard on right with charging station above. Pantry shelves are 250 & 400 deep. In laundry: very small sink; dog sleeps below the clothes airer; clothes airer sits on lowered benchtop (when not outside) so it fits height with our 2.4 ceilings; so I can dry clothes even when raining... I can drop in an extra piece of bench when I want to make bench full width (obviously when clothes airer isn't there). WM below bench, dryer on wall above.

This was all part of a massive reno we did to turn our house around to be able to make more of the backyard :-) Old and new floorplans:

That's all folks!

Comments (15)