irina_daly

Exterior colours - farmhouse style home

Irina Daly
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We are building a new home in NZ on a corner section, the house is 1 storey and positioned to have most impact from the corner. We are on the edge of a new subdivision with farmland behind us. We love the farmhouse look, so we settled on a combo of white board and batten at the front and cheaper white brick veneer at the back. We just cannot decide on the colours of the roof and window joinery/ frames. Option 1: black roof & window/door joinery. Pros: looks sharp & modern; Cons: I prefer white frames on the inside of the house, the light roof also doesn't get as hot in summer so less air-conditioning. Option 2: white window joinery to match the cladding + wood look or a black door, with a dark roof; Pros: white frames on the inside of the house that I like; Cons: probably looks a lot less modern, more cooling will be required in summer. Option 3: white window joinery to match the cladding + wood look or a black door, with a light coloured roof; Pros: white frames on the inside of the house, less cooling required in summer with a white roof; Cons: I'm afraid it'll look washed out and boring with everything white on the outside. Would love to hear what you think! Thank you

Comments (4)