teri_urwin

Updating an old bath in a rental - walls/vinyl sticking?

Teri
7 years ago

Hi all!

Just signed a flat for next year and I hope to be in it for a few years yet (depending what it's like) so wanting to spruce it up a little bit - it's my first flat post-graduating and so sick of feeling like a skint student.

I have this bath/shower (hopefully attached - I'm new here) and was hoping to update it somehow, if the landlord is okay with it. I was thinking of replacing the fixtures, potentially doing something surrounding the tub? not sure of what, and trying to do something with the wall. I've seen products available in the states like http://www.thesmarttiles.com/en/subway-white-mosaik/ which I quite like the look of, maybe, but not sure whether they'd work in the moisture of being right beside the tub/shower. I know there's temporary wallpaper, but have a feeling I'm going to be dreaming to find a version of that appropriate for such a wet area - but that way I wouldn't have to ask my landlord!

Basically - I would love any ideas on how to make the bottom of the tub look less grotty/boring and ideas on a cheap way to spruce up the wall, if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!

Comment (1)

• Teri
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Actually, just reread a bunch of the tile places and they all say not to use in shower. Bummer - that's out. However would still love ideas on what to do around it and if anyone can think of a way to update the acrylic walls? Or maybe it won't be as bad with new fixtures/shower curtain in better lighting... fingers crossed... just trying to get ideas together.