anneeliz123

Need help with curb appeal please?

Anne
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

My house is nearly 12 years old and I am thinking about a change to the portico and the landscaping in particular. I love the classic look of white and charcoal grey but I think the round pillars say dated 2004! I am thinking to square them off somehow, and clad them in some kind of brick type texture in pale grey tones to contrast with the white. I can't afford to change the render completely so I thought a minor change to the portico would suffice but if anyone has any suggestions I would be delighted.

Also the landscaping at the front is a bit tired and although I love my silver birches and the conifers as minimal maintenance and look good (to me) I realise there are some gaps and a need for some colours to add to curb appeal. The right hand side is all lawn and not very nice lawn at that and I plan to gradually add a border to that of plants that are the same as the rest of the garden eg: azaleas, rhododendrons, hydrangeas, camelias etc. Suggestion on how to tackle these would be appreciated.

Comments (8)