ishu15

Need help with garden which is on west side with entry to the plot fro

ishu15
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I haven't heard many good things about entry from south or garden with open side in west. Can you help me how to make the garden and entrance positive instead of negative. I am attaching the floorplan. Thanks

Comment (1)

• Bernadette Staal
    7 years ago

I have not heard anything bad about having doors that open from any direction of the house and as you have not confirmed which country you live in I can not even predict where the worst of the winds would come from. I live in NZ and my front door faces North West. Where I live that is the worst / strongest winds that we have so the only negative for me is on a story day I might be blown down the steps or the rain might soak me as I try to unlock the door. I have simply eliminated what I can by adding a glass roof above my front deck. My back door faces south east and again the weather was and is the only problem so I enclosed this area with a porch which allows me to have the door open most days, almost all year round. NZ's bad weather comes from the south and the sun is in the North. If you are also in a similar location / southern hemisphere then your plan shows me your house is perfectly positioned for the best of the sun. I think you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Don't listen to negative comments make the most of what you have and if you need to make small adjustments for wind, rain or too much sun. ENJOY YOURSELF AND YOUR NEW HOME.