kimberleymikado

Design trend stick or twist - Black bathroom brassware?

kimberleymikado
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I'm upgrading my bathroom and ensuite and love black taps, showers etc and experienced them at a trendy hotel recently so I'm confident I'd be happy longterm with them and I'd like to use design features that will last. We're not planning on moving for at least 3-5 years but I am conscious of resale appeal. Do you see this being the norm in 2020 and would you be put off buying a house with black taps and shower??

Ohhhh yeah, black taps forever
Play it safe even though your mind's telling you yes
Nope, shiny chrome all the way

Comments (7)

• Isidora Markovic
    7 years ago

Hi kimberleymikado, I personally really like the look and wouldn't be put off buying somewhere with black taps, but if your priority is re-sale/universal appeal maybe better not to!

• PRO
    Indoor Interiors
    7 years ago

Will probably leave finger prints worse that chrome.

• acew1234
    7 years ago
    I have a black kitchen sink...never again
  • PRO
    BigBathroomShop
    7 years ago

Black brassware is a great option for creating a contemporary look, but chrome is a safer option if you want to sell your home in the future. You could choose fixtures that combine black and chrome so you have the best of both, for example this Hudson Reed shower valve:

Hudson Reed Topaz Black Collection · More Info

• PRO
    ITFITZ
    7 years ago

Bathroom fittings in a gun metal black finish is very modern and we can see it growing in popularity. We have a new collection of taps in black, copper and stainless steel finishes!

PB Set 01 · More Info

• PRO
    LUSSO
    7 years ago

Hi Kimberley, here are some of our new minimal black shower sets.

LUSSO STONE NOIR LUXE MATT BLACK SHOWER SET WITH THERMOSTATIC VALVE AND HAND-HEL · More Info

LUSSO STONE NOIR LUXE MATT BLACK SHOWER SET WITH THERMOSTATIC VALVE AND HAND-HEL · More Info

LUSSO STONE NOIR MIA MATT BLACK SHOWER SET WITH THERMOSTATIC VALVE AND HAND-HELD · More Info

LUSSO STONE NOIR MIA MATT BLACK SHOWER SET WITH THERMOSTATIC VALVE AND HAND-HELD · More Info