hfranze

Appliances Miele or Asko?

hfranze
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi I am so confused what appliances to get in our kitchen. The only thing we have confirmed is integrated Liebherr fridges. Please provide advice or experience with the following 60cm wall pyrolytic oven Miele top of the range or Asko elements? 45cm wall steam combi Miele top of the range or Asko elements? Induction cooktop Asko, Miele or Siemens? Dishwasher Asko or Miele?

Comments (18)

• oklouise
    7 years ago

love the timer on my miele cooktop and i have reduced the numbers of burned saucepans, happy enough with miele oven and dishwasher but disappointed with rangehood which is much noiser than expected..no experience of Asko

• John Henson
    7 years ago
    Three houses with Miele and have just put an asko in. I will never use Miele again.
  • hfranze
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks John what Asko product have you put in?
  • Debbie Fisher
    7 years ago

I'm going with Miele in my new Kitchen. I have the front loader washer & the dryer for 4yrs they havnt missed a beat. Have friends that have the dishwasher & they wouldn't buy anything else. I have one friend who filled her kitchen with Fisher & Paykel and had no end of dramas with everything 3yrs in and she would love to throw the lot on the junk pile. I suppose there's Lemons in every brand.

• montytaffy
    7 years ago
    Have had Westinghouse oven for years never had a problem excellent cooking experience. Expect to put in a new one in new kitchen.
  • User
    7 years ago

Check out product reviews on productreview.com.au

I've no experience with Asko or Miele. We love Siemens, hard to go past the 5yr warranty, Have washer and dryer and most recently fully integrated DW....so quiet you don't even know it's going.

I should warn you that the reviews for Liebherr fridges might make you rethink. We nearly bought one ourselves, till we checked out productreview.

• ecomp_2
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Every sales person I speak to has a different recommendation. I am after a double oven with fan forced as an option and the normal top and bottom heat for baking. I once had a Westinghouse and it had an even heat so I could bake 4 trays of biscuits at once, but that was many years ago. Now the salespeople recommend dearer ovens and some of the reviews for Westinghouse complain of uneven heat. I currently have an Electrolux and even two trays of biscuits seem a difficult for it. I have been very disappointed. Love the Neff for it's slide and hide function, but have read of rusting and very expensive spare parts. The best option by review seems to be AEG. It will be a new house so double oven and induction hob. The AEG hop looks really good for functions. Would love to hear readers' views.

• PRO
    Eco Effective Solutions
    7 years ago

After being an ardent Miele fan for 10 years and using them in my last 3 homes. I would recommend not buying a base model Miele dishwasher. We used one recently in a rental house . It's OK but not up to the standard of our past dishwashers.I'm still a fan but have learnt not to buy base models!

• hfranze
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you all. I have gone with top of the range Miele ovens and dishwasher. Induction I have gone with a Siemens and schweigen rangehood.
  • PRO
    green design & consulting
    7 years ago
    I know it's late, but having previously sold these appliances for a numerous of years, I would recommend Miele cooking appliances, but hands down you cannot beat an Asko dishwasher.

Giuliano
    green design & consulting
  • Jenny
    7 years ago

My first Asko dishwasher lasted 29yrs. Am now 15yrs into my second Asko D/W. If that helps. Although late.

• philippawright
    7 years ago

I have had a great run with all 6 bosch appliances - in kitchen and laundry.

• debbiehyams
    6 years ago
    Can anyone recommend Schweigen ovens? It seems that Miele is still the top runner?
  • Ruth BT
    6 years ago
    I’d also recommend Asko dishwashers. Miele washing machines are unbeatable and either for cooking, although, never again for a Miele rangehood.
  • Annette Meyns
    6 years ago

@green design & consulting Have you had any experience with Asko ovens? It is very hard to find any reviews. What you have said seems to be consistent, the dishwashers are good but the ovens are unknown. Another review mentioned that they thought the quality of Asko had gone down since they started manufacture in Slovakia. Have you seen a reduction in their quality? I have a good deal for a double Asko oven that I'd love to get but the inconsistent and mostly negative reviews are putting me off.

• 32moana
    3 years ago

Just had a very useful kitchen demo in NZ at Kitchen & Things where she ran trough all the product option and looks like we are going for a steam combi oven and a pyro oven and was heading towards Asko but the reviews don't seem very good.

• User
    3 years ago

Looking at Asko, Miele and Siemens for oven, induction and dishwashers for a new build. Been to cooking demo’s for all including VZug and Neff. Asko Elements ovens seem like a good pyro and steam oven in comparison to price point for Miele (not paying $10K for one Miele oven), but don’t want to compromise ourselves down the track with maybe spending a bit more upfront for Miele ovens as they have such a good reputation. I also can’t locate many reviews for the Asko ovens. Likely going with Miele dishwashers and induction as Miele induction is built for flush mount and won’t void any bench top warranties. I’ve read really mixed reviews on the Asko dishwasher but price point between Asko and Miele dishwashers wasn’t too much. Range hood looking at Falcem. Does anyone have any experience with the Asko Elements ovens? Or should we be sticking to Miele ovens (combi steam and pyro)?