Refinishing a pool in Christchurch, post-quakes

ginnyarmour
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We are looking at vinyl lining but uncertain of colour choice

Comments (4)

• Luke Buckle
    7 years ago

What is the style and any other other colours in the room to have the vinyl? Photos would help if possible.

ginnyarmour thanked Luke Buckle
  • Bernadette Staal
    7 years ago

I think you should go for something with blue / green with sparkles in it - but then I have no idea of what options you can get. Do you have some samples.

ginnyarmour thanked Bernadette Staal
  • Ruth Mills
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

We have had a vinyl lined pool for 15+ years - you are making a good choice. They need no maintenance or resurfacing etc. Ours is an Aqualux liner in Caribbean. http://www.aqualuxpool.com.au/colour-range/

This colour is just the right amount of blue/green to sparkle and shimmer, look cool and inviting, but dark enough to gather and retain the sun's heat. I ran a swim school for many of those 15 years, and needed a pool that could take the knocks of hundreds of children each week, and look like something they wanted to dive into. Any lighter and the pool would look too cold, and darker looked scary! I have friends who chose the darker colours for their heat retention properties but the pools don't look as inviting, and algae builds up quicker but is harder to notice until the levels are quite high, so needing more chemicals to control/eliminate.

• ginnyarmour
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you so much for all your help .I was concerned about the dark colours and your feedback confirm that it isn't a good choice We have settled on a fairly light blue ( different colours with NZ suppliers ) but holding my breath to see the affect once tiling is completed hopefully this week and we can fill the pool ! Your input is most appreciated thank you Ruth