morry15

Ovens - Miele, Bosch or Siemens

morry15
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I am just about to build a new kitchen by my main complexity is which brand oven to buy. I love to cook and dont mind spending some extra $ on a decent oven. In visiting Winnings, they suggested Siemens iq700 but I am struggling to find many reviews on Siemens. Any assistance would be appreciated. Siemens iq700

Comments (33)

• Mary-Anne Yeo
    7 years ago

I would definitely look at Siemens and Neff .. I have often seen Neff in the English renovation shows and have used it for years.. a little less expensive than Siemens, but with all the functions.. I believe Siemens and Neff are the biggest sellers in the U.K. and Europe.. I would only look at pyrolitic ovens because they are worth every penny. Always having the oven clean is a real bonus.. the other thing that has worked for me is getting two 60cm ovens side by side or above each other instead of a bigger size oven, particularly if you like cooking - just having two ovens available when cooking is a dream.. definitely look at Siemens and Neff. ..

• morry15
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Cheers thanks for the help... I will also look at Nepf as well.... We were thinking of 2 x 60cm instead of the 90cm as you suggested...
  • User
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I don't have a Siemens oven, but do have a Siemens DW, dryer and washer. Fabulous quality and reliability. No issues what so ever in 5yr. I didn't have space for 2 x 60cm ovens, so had to get a 90cm Ilve by default. If it weren't for this and the fact Siemens don't do a 90cm...I'd have a Siemens oven now.

• corrim
    7 years ago

I have just done all my research and questioning many great "cooks" and I have decided to go with Neff over all other brands, love their features for the money and quality.

• Jo
    7 years ago

I have a Siemens oven and dishwasher and both have been fantastic and reliable. The oven replaced an 3 year old Smeg. When the Smeg oven stopped working it took weeks for their service agent to come and look at it. Then I was told it wasn't worth fixing (it was out of warranty). Siemens have a 5 year warranty. I also find that my Siemens oven cooks a lot more evenly and fits more it even though it and the Smeg are both 60cm ovens. My understanding is that Siemens, Neff, Bosch and Gaggenau are all owned by the one parent company.

• kage322
    7 years ago
    Siemens through my kitchen, oven, microwave, induction cooktop, rangehood and dishwasher. All fabulous and local service agent was great when I had a minor issue with cooktop. The 5 year warranty is a great feature for piece of mind. The interior components are mostly same as Bosch. I just liked the finish on Siemens and the warranty.
  • wuff
    7 years ago
    I loved my Bosch in my last house, it had catalytic liners and telescopic sliders for the shelves, it cooked beautifully, it is one of the only things I miss about our old place (and my garden) interestingly I have a smug in this home but I still want that Bosch back
  • wuff
    7 years ago
    Should have been a smeg. Autocorrect
  • Ros Edmonds
    7 years ago
    I have 2 Neff ovens and a Neff gas cook top. I did a lot of research when building, my husband had Miele before and didn't like them at all. Also a few friends have Neff and their products come highly recommended. One feature which I love about the ovens is that the doors retract under the oven which stops burns when lifting out dishes etc.
  • Ros Edmonds
    7 years ago
    Further to my previous comment. I do a lot of cooking/baking and use one oven solely for baking and the other for meat etc.
    I have my ovens side by side.
    They have all the features of the more expensive ovens. Mine isn't pyrolytic but I have found that the ovens stay clean. The temperature also seems to be true
  • Sonia Bannister
    7 years ago

Anyone have a VZug oven ? I have a deposit on one, also a VZug combi steam oven. Any feedback welcome , thank you .

• Fiona Anastasia Whitefoot
    7 years ago
    Apparently Smeg is a very good brand and is used by top chefs in Australia. Very expensive but also very reliable and the quality is very high too.
  • Irene Smith
    7 years ago

I had a Smeg oven & cooktop in my 13 year old kitchen but decided on a Miele oven & gas cook top for our kitchen reno. Have not been disappointed with this choice, I have used the oven 8-10 times and it still looks like new inside. Oven is a H2661B & the cook top is a KM2334G. Have had Miele Dishwasher & Washing Machine for over 10 years with no issues.

• Jane
    7 years ago

We did a lot of research 6 years ago and ended up with mid range Miele appliances. Love our dishwasher and washing machine/dryer combo and the gas cooktop is fine, but not super impressed with the oven. To be honest I don't use the oven that much but it seems to not heat evenly. If I bake a tray of biscuits you can see that they brown in some areas and not others. Apparently Miele has a good reputation for any appliance that uses water i.e. dishwasher, washing machine.

• Jane
    7 years ago

What do people think about mixing appliance brands? It makes sense to choose appliances based on their individual merits, but the more style conscious side of me would want them all to match, particularly in the kitchen.

• sjp777
    7 years ago

I had had 2 Siemens ovens and a 900mm Siemens induction cooktop for 7yrs. I have had a fantastic experience with them. We're moving to a new development where, regrettably, we have to have Miele - no choice. I refused the 900mm oven for one pyrolytic oven and next to it a steam/convection with a warmer underneath. The Miele 900mm induction is not to my liking so have (at vast expense) gone for a 900ml Siemens cooktop which has an all surface induction action. BTW Siemens owns Bosch.

• sjp777
    7 years ago

Addendum. I personally think Miele is overrated.

• Ali
    7 years ago
    Jane - Personally I'm not fussed about whether my cooktop, oven and dishwasher are the same brand. I'm doing research on each appliance to make sure I get everything I want out of them. :) But it will help if they look similar i.e. Stainless steel oven and dishwasher.
  • Ros Edmonds
    7 years ago
    My 2 ovens and cooktop are Neff, the rangehood is a different brand and the dishwasher is an Asko. I personally don't think if matters as long the appliances have the look that you like and have the features that you want
  • morry15
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I have found out a bit more in my research.

Siemens Bosch owns the following brands in order of $ and Quality -

1. Gaggenau

2. Neff

3. Siemens

4. Bosch

The good thing is at the moment Siemens is offering a 5 year warranty where as Miele is only 2 years.

Miele is ranked around 3rd in Europe / UK where as Siemens is number one...

Has anyone cooked with Steam ovens?

• antonia_d
    7 years ago
    I have a steam oven, however next time would purchase a combi steam oven. One thing I didn't realise was the amount of condensation that is left in the oven that needs to be wiped down. With a combi steam oven, you can arrange for one of the settings to dry the oven out which involves less cleaning.
  • Sonia Bannister
    7 years ago
    Antonia_d Yes, I have been advised that a combination steam oven is the way to go . The main issue for me is the brand . I was impressed with the VZug demo , but I'm not sure it is the best choice . I have put a deposit on the smallest model . It looks tiny . The next size up is another $3000 , making it a $7000 combi steam oven . Very expensive . Other brands are not as expensive.
  • sjp777
    6 years ago

I have been very happy with my Miele steam combi oven, (although I have been to the experience centre a number of times and will need to go more!!). My only regret is that I didn't go the extra $$s and get a plumbed one. It gets annoying having to constantly top up the steam container, and empty the condenser. So my tip would be to go plumbed every time.

• PRO
    Style Precinct Interior Design & Decoration
    6 years ago

Just as a foot note Id add- V-Zug steam oven needs plumbing and a drain so needs to be thought of at the beginning of a kitchen design.

• xuan le
    5 years ago

Has anyone used a Siemens oven with microwave? Can’t seem to find a review on model HM678G4S1B. Any opinion please. Thank you.

• xuan le
    5 years ago

I also like the look of Smeg very much but not sure how their ovens and gas cooktops compare to Siemens quality... Please help!

• Jon Jones
    3 years ago

I have had a few Smeg appliances and feel the quality not quite there. Will probably go Bosch next times

• pandkhutchinson
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I have owned Smeg, Bosch and Miele ovens and gas cooktops over the last 15 years and I love cooking so they get a lot of use. In my experience of these 3 brands, I would choose Miele. I would then choose Bosch and probably wouldn’t buy Smeg again because I preferred these other 2 brands over them and find their oven size to be smaller (maybe that’s changed over the years?). I found the Miele to be true to temp, heated up quickly and I would always pay the extra for a pyrolytic oven (self cleaning). I would also choose 2 x 60cm over one 900cm oven (Ive had both).

I have also owned a Miele Steam oven and agree with what has been said about getting a plumbed or combi one. Otherwise you are wiping the whole oven out every time you use it (nobody wants that!). For my own personal preference, I would rather 2 pyrolytic ovens as I’d get more use out of these vs a steam oven (from experience).

We have had Miele washing machines and dryers and have had no issues with these either.

We are currently looking at a house to buy that has Siemens kitchen appliances so have been encouraged by comments here as I’ve had no experience with them.

• morry15
    Original Author
    5 months ago

I know hey, we have had problems with both ovens and they replaced one of them as well due to the interior starting to rust. The service was so poor for support here in Aust. Even though it had a 5 year warranty, I would prob not buy them again at all. It is a shame really considering the cost of them straight up.

• morry15
    Original Author
    5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

I know hey, we have had similar problems and had to have one oven replaced due to certain parts not being available. The enamal was coming off the oven shell and then started to rust in a matter of weeks. The service was horrible with BSH and kept saying that there is no issue with it etc. We spoke to the techs who replaced it and they said they have done heaps. I just am really disappointed due to the initial cost of these ovens.

• Bec Regan
    5 months ago

Aah sorry you went through something similar.. so frustrating. You think you're paying for quality but it's not the case sometimes. I hope this at least helps someone else considering buying them now, it's hard to know when there aren't all that many reviews around. We're looking at a suitable replacement now, I've lost faith in Siemens and feel unsure about Bosch and Neff too given they appear to be made of similar parts and they're all under the same company. If you have any good recommendations on another brand for a combo steam oven I'm all ears!

• afjp
    5 months ago

Just adding I have a Neff indiction cooktop and oven and love them. Neff cooks to perfection every time....its so easy to cook the perfect meal. Ibe had a Bosch and Neff definitely a step up. I would go for Gaggenau if I could afford.