4jellybeanz

External Timber Stain that lasts more than a season

4jellybeanz
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi. We moved into our home in Central Otago in 2013. It had been built around 2000 and clad with Oregon and Plaster. It was evident that this house was tired with the most pressing need the rescuing of the Oregon cladding. It was well overdue for a recoat. On much appreciated advice from a Resene Rep we bleached (Moss and Mould Killer) and scrubbed (Timber and Deck Wash) then coated with Resene Waterborne Woodsman in Nutmeg with CoolColour, This took up my summers of 2014, 2015 and part of 2016 the remainder of which was taken up overhauling the plaster. This summer I have tied in the entrance slat fence. Unfortunatelyn we were let down by Resene in early 2015 with an unannounced change of formula resulting in out of stocks and worst of all colour changes. Nutmeg which previously was a warm brown definitely moved into the orange spectrum. Resene WW is meant to be recoated every 18-24 months so strictly speaking I can't physically keep up with the staining let alone have a life as well. Stripping back is not an option, no no no. What compatible product would you recommend that definitely lasts longer than Resene WW? Where can I find LRV for Resene WW in case I need to stick with that but change the colour? Sadly I can't find information on comparing products across brands as reps only compare between their own products. Many thanks.

Comment