miahansson

Need curb appeal and clear path to front door as well as space for teenage den.

miahansson
10 years ago
Our front door is currently located on a deck adjacent to our drive way. This poses three problems; Firstly the deck becomes in effect a hallway instead of what it could be; a private haven off the lounge screened off from the drive way. Secondly everybody steps straight into our lounge and there is no way to put jackets or shoes. Last but not least when visitors arrive they immediately look straight into the lounge and into my life without the gentle "ding-dong" warning so I can take my curlers out :-)

To get around this and to provide some extra space for my teenage boys and their friends, I plan to take relocate the front door to the garage and make that the new entrance way. By putting the cars outside this gives me 6x6m of garage space for my teenagers and the entrance space.

HELP: This is where I'm stuck; My husband insists on the cars being under cover; this means a double carport in front of the garage. But I worry that this will obstruct visual path to the front door. Any ideas how to achieve this?

Secondly; I'd like to screen the deck from the drive way to make it more private. Any ideas here?

Lastly; I wonder if there is some way to increase our curb appeal in the process?
Really appreciate your help. PS. Love Houzz!

Comments (6)