bdmaden

What do I do for curb appeal?

BENJ
6 years ago

Hi, I am in the planning stages of designing my first home and need some advice. I have got a design that I love and suites my needs however there is one small design feature that annoys me a bit.

This is the space above the garage door.

There is a loft above the garage and so there is a higher than normal space above the garage door. This is the first view people get as they drive up the drive and I don't know that I really like the huge blank space.

I want the front door over hang to remain how it is as a feature focus point between the two pavilions, my architect suggested having a low floor level window in the loft which would break up the space but I do not really like that idea as I intend to use the loft as a bedroom and don't want people to be able to look into the room from that angle from the front door.

I have wondered about doing a small pergola over the garage door with beams coming out from the house but don't know if it would ruin the look of the front door's canter-levered roof? (which I like as it is the main feature on that side of the home)

What are your guys thoughts?

Front Elevation
Side Elevation

Comment (1)