lexiab

Freestanding bath filler on polished concrete floor

Lexie Bryant
6 years ago

Has anyone installed a freestanding bath filler on polished concrete floors?

We're trying to avoid tiles altogether in our new build and decided to have polished concrete floor in the bathroom (the slab is polished directly). To avoid the wall tiles, we're going for a freestanding bath and therefore we need a freestanding bath filler. However we've been advised that they're not very sturdy and prone to leaking, if they get knocked. As much as we don't plan to use the bath filler as a piece of gym equipment, we can't avoid the occasional bumps and knocks (we have young children). So, my question is - have you installed anything like that and what's the feedback? Any advice, or should we be looking at the standard baths with the wall mounted fillers instead?

Comment (1)

• peoplespace
    6 years ago

The freestanding bath fillers are vulnerable to being knocked. When you think about the physics of it, it is asking a lot of a small fixture to resist that amount of leverage. Talk to your architect. They should be able to come up with a support that fits with your design and is a bit more robust than the long and thin proprietary bath fillers.

Also how far is your bath from the wall? If it is closer than 300mm I would still be waterproofing the wall, and with young children around I would waterproof it even if further away.

Lexie Bryant thanked peoplespace