dakota_gibson

Sunken Bath - advice on step compliance

D G
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I'm hoping to install a sunken bath in my main bathroom. Constructed out of concrete, similar to photos. I am trying to figure out the design layout as well as construction details and I am wondering whether the sunken bath needs to comply with NCC & BCA regarding the step in to and out of the sunken bath. Does there need to be a step? And does the step need to comply with min/max riser and goings? Approx depth of bath is 400mm. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm located in Queensland, Australia.

Comments (3)

• oklouise
    6 years ago

sounds gorgeous and i'm wondering if the specs would be similar to a spa (check swimming pool and spa regulations) ...shouldn't need a fence if the room is big enough but major accident hazard in a standard sized bathroom...wonder if it was built into an alcove with steps along the open wall with a glass fence or steel railing for safety??.

D G thanked oklouise
  • siriuskey
    6 years ago

Them love we stayed in resort in Thailand some years ago who had them in the bathroom with the shower included, it had steps to get in and out which made it easy.

Steps

Check with your plumber, I would also have a hand rail like in or hotel room cheers

D G thanked siriuskey
  • Andrew Lee
    2 years ago

how did you go with compliance on this??