watchedpoppy

Is this acceptable on newly polished floor boards?

watchedpoppy
5 years ago

Hi, we just had new American Oak floor boards laid, sanded and polished. Selected Bona Traffic HD Satin as research shows it is very hardy and durable. The one Sydney company did the whole job. Overall it looks good and am happy with the sheen.

On closer inspection there are marks on the floor that look like a boot print (doesn't look like the top layer but on lower layers) and burnt marks like as made from a blunt planer from the saw mill (in three different rooms).

Should I accept this quality of work, particularly the 'burnt' marks? Will sanding remove the mark or will they need to replace the boards?

PS. Don't mind the different colours of the flooring in these photos, it's just the angle I used to show the imperfections. The floors are more the colour of the first photo.

Comments (3)

• oklouise
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

not acceptable...call the installer immediately but, if the bill has already been paid, you haven't much leverage but hopefully they'll do the right thing and repair the damage, best of luck

• watchedpoppy
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    thanks oklouise. I have spoken to the company and without any hassle to their credit, they said they would sand those affected rooms back and redo the 3 coats. Phew. Now all I hope is that it works out in the end. It's just frustrating having to redo it.
  • oklouise
    5 years ago

it is very much to their credit and will encourage them to be more careful next time and it would have been difficult for you to confront them but after all the mess is over and everything is back in place you'll be so happy that you asked and expected a better result, well done to you

watchedpoppy thanked oklouise