kirsty_jackson87

Help needed with our laundry area please

Kirsty Jackson
5 years ago
I need some advice on how to maximise the space in our laundry “room” (it’s not actually a room, it’s the end of our kitchen). The back door leads into it, and the laundry area is slightly visible when you enter the front door too.

We have two children who have plenty of paraphernalia that needs to be handy (school bags, sports bags, jackets, shoes, homework, etc). I also like to keep the calendar, permission slips, party invitations, etc here too.

My husband and I also keep our key, phones, etc here, and my husband’s work bag/lunch cooler usually lives under the table (not pictured).

As well as the above, it functions as a laundry room too, haha!

The white metal thing next to the calendar is our power box. We don’t have to access it often, but we do need to be able to get at it when necessary.

I love the table, as it is so useful for sorting clean laundry, cooling baking, etc, but realise it may have to go.

My main problems that I want help with:
There is just not enough space for the children’s bags.
Not enough space for sorting dirty laundry.
Most crucially we have nowhere for my husband’s work gear - he is a gardener so we need somewhere for muddy boots, grass covered jackets, etc to dry.

We used to have more baskets on the shelves, but I am using them somewhere else and have just left the shelves as they are as they aren’t working for us anyway!

Oh, and our budget is minuscule!

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (2)