jessicambevan

70s internal brick wall

Jess
August 12, 2018
What would you do with this dark 70s brick wall (1st photo)? I do like brick walls but more so the rustic or loft-y looking ones. I was thinking of bagging the wall (2nd photo)to leave some of the texture but have it a little looking a little more modern. What would you do?

• Jess
    Sorry, photos are around the wrong way. You know what I mean
  • julie herbert
    Hi Jess,
    You could gyprock your wall and highlight your great staircase
  • KK1000
    Are you out of your mind that brick is beautiful and modern you just need to get right furniture and rugs and lighting etc.
  • PRO
    The Wild Heart Collective Australia
    Hi Jess, if you’ve just acquired the property, I would suggest living with it for a while... I’m quite partial to bricks too. I think that space furnished & brought to life with lighting & accessories could look really schmick :)
  • mollgillivan
    We recently lightly rendered internal brown brick walls in our house and are thrilled with the result. The outline of the bricks is still there and gives good texture.
    Otherwise I would suggest you could paint the metal on the staircase to lighten the overall look.
  • julie herbert
    Wow!! That looks fabulous.
  • KK1000
    Just to give you idea of how good it can look