ab113

Wairakei Quarter

ab113
5 years ago

I am painting the house white and trying to decided between Dulux Wairakei Quarter and Lexicon Quarter. Has anyone used Wairakei Quarter? The house gets lots of Eastern sun, I’m concerned Wairakei Quarter might throw yellow, but Lexicon Quarter too grey. The floors as pine.

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    5 years ago

Nobody can answer your question with any confidence about colours in your home, especially without a photo. As usual with the many variations of white it is best to invest in a sample pot of Wairakei Quarter, test it out on a few walls, and observe it under different lighting conditions. It really is the only way to be confident, and much cheaper than realizing you have made a mistake after it is finished (or half way through).

As your floors are pine you will get a yellowish reflection in the light when it bounces off the floor (possibly more so if it is a gloss finish), which will affect your perception of the white wall paint.

Just don't make a purchasing decision based on an image from the internet as there are too many variables to make any photo accurate.

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

BUILD Architecture Award 2018 · More Info

• ab113
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you for the information. I've tested a sample patch and despite the ochre it still appears to be a cool white. Hopefully it will be ok!

• Anthea
    3 years ago

Hello, did you end up painting wairakei quarter? I'm interested in using it throughout our new home and if you've used it I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Thanks

• ab113
    Original Author
    3 years ago

HI Anthea, yes I did use it right throughout the house, except the bathroom which is vivid white. I love it and have now had other friends now use it as well. It is a cool white and the equal measure of yellow to black (the Lexicon is just black) really balances it. I'd use it again

• Rachel Boundy
    3 years ago

Hi, I’m also using Wairakei 1/4 on my walls but unsure about trim. Did you use the same colour on your trim in gloss? Thanks!