cristian_anastasiu

small apartment design idea

Hi everyone, I'm planing to make my grandma a surprise and do a makeover to her apartment. I'm facing multiple issues. I'm overseas and in her area can't find any architects/designers on Houzz, so I'll need to find inspiration and when I'm going on holiday in few months organise with a local contractor. One other issue, it's an old communist type of apartment, with heaps of walls and small rooms, which I'd prefer to keep this way, otherwise I'll need to involve engineers and so on. I'm thinking to do mainly bath and kitchen (apartment layout 4-kitchen; 7-bath), the rooms are fine, maybe some new fresh coat of paint. For kitchen I'm thinking to put a barn style door, they seem to be in fashion and will save some space. One issue here, kitchen will need to have some sort of eating area as well, maybe a small collapsable table I was thinking, although, it will make it harder for her. There's concrete floor, which I'm planning to keep as it is, maybe put some clear epoxy or repolish it, with some white cabinets? What are you guys thinking? Bathroom wise, I'll need some advice on the bath tub area. At this moment, there's a nice iron tub with cast iron legs, I believe that with bit of love and new paint it will look nice, or remove it completely and put a walk in shower with nice glass wall? Thinking of having vintage tiles laid and some white tiles on walls, maybe similar to subway ones, or square? Probably will go with a lot of white stuff as there's no natural light coming through.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Comment