hilary_bishop

Help needed with a focal point please

Hilary Bishop
last year
Can anyone help with interesting ideas for my garden please. It’s pretty bland at the moment and needs a focal point, but where?

• PRO
    One Square Rate
    last year
    last modified: last year

Consider where the windows and doors are to help determine where a feature could be placed, but I'd suggest straight out from the step towards the end of the lawn (especially if there are glass doors behind this step). Perhaps a feature tree with under planting or a secondary seating area under a pergola. It is quite a distance from the deck/house so would need to be relatively large.

• Hilary Bishop
    Original Author
    last year
    Thank you for that. Pergola sounds interesting and yes there are three lots of room opening behind the steps.
  • PRO
    One Square Rate
    last year

You could do something quite cost effective (just a simple chip area, bench seat and pergola with climbers) or more elaborate like a deck. Here are some ideas :)

• Hilary Bishop
    Original Author
    last year
    One square rate, thank you so much. I really like the pergola set up in the first photo!