kateward11

Ceasarstone Organic White and Cloud Burst - are they user friendly?

Katie Hill
5 years ago

Hello All,

I am about to renovate my kitchen and I have a family with two small children - hence busy and looking for ease of use. We are clean, but not obsessive and life often gets in the way. I am wanting to get some honest feedback on how people have found Ceasarstone Organic White (polished) and Cloudburst (honed), and whether they feel this was the right decsion for them. I am thinking of either Organic White and Cloudburst combination (bench and splash), or using Bianco Rivers (Silestone) on bench with Organic White splash or White long Masia Subway Tiles. Cabinety is a soft clean light grey (scandi). The splashbacks section with be directly between

Above: Masia Subway, Light oak veneer, Bianco Rivers and Grey backdrop

light oak timber cabinetry (top) and light grey cabinetry along the bottom side.

I love all of them but don't want to regret decisions.

I was also wondering if others have experiences with Silestone products and perhaps found these more user friendly? I am getting a little uneasy as many reviews online seem to be negative...

Many thanks

Above: Grey cabinetry and Cloudburst

Above: Light oak veneer, Cloudburst and Organic White on grey

Above: Grey, light oak, Organic White.

thanks!!!

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    5 years ago

I can't really comment on those specific colours as digital photogrpahy isn't accurate enough to tell the differences. Both Ceaserstone and Silestone have good reputations for being durable, family-friendly work surfaces for kitchens. However they are not indestructible - so if you put something red hot from the oven directly onto the surface there is a chance that they will crack from heat stress. The plain colours tend to show every crumb and bit of leftover food, but the ones which are more like terrazzo with a fleck pattern running through are really good at disguising crumbs.

If you are looking for toughness and better durability then you should consider the Dekton surfaces by Cosentino, which is like the next-generation Ceaserstone (and a lot more expensive).

Best of luck with your considerations,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

• Katie Hill
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you very much for your comment, we spent last night thinking more and more about it and I think we have decided on our original choices! Silestone bench and subways - we have some really great contemporary features (black soft features and black bifold windows and timber, so we are sticking to our guns! And the busier stone hides things like you say :)
  • Elizabeth Wilson
    5 years ago
    Colour combinations sound lovely. Look forward to seeing photos .We have previously had Silestone and thought it was great. We are just doing a new kitchen and have selected Quantum Quartz porcelain (Dekton is porcelain as well). I was surprised that the cost was not much different to the higher end constituted stone.