neverwasbeen

Help with designing my living room (with pics)

neverwasbeen
5 years ago

Hi,

I'm looking for any advice you may have, general or specific - colour schemes, pieces, styles, etc. I'm starting from (almost) a blank slate, and I'm on a budget and would like to take my time to shop around, pick up some bargains if I can.

https://imgur.com/a/KAKSp0p

This is my living room. It's a ~4*7m space with a bay window being the key feature. Almost everything existing is shades of white and beige. My only items are the rug and sofa.

Currently, it's looking like the rug will be the main focal point. I'm looking to, as a priority, add another sofa and arrange it in an L-shape on the rug, and a coffee table.

My main dilemma is the overall colour scheme, particularly in regard to the colour of the other sofa. I like the sofa I have, and don't want to replace it with a matching pair. Cream sofas are very common, but I don't know if adding another sofa in the same colour but not as a matching pair is a faux-pas. I could get a complimentary colour or a contrasting colour. I quite like the look of a blue/navy sofa, but I don't know if this would be too much colour/contrast in conjunction with the rug.

My thoughts on the style is provincial. I have in mind a marble coffee table.

Here's a couple of pictures of what I have in mind:

Couch

Coffee table

Comments (14)