sdsth

Revamp landscape

Stella Hansen
5 years ago

when we moved in we did a simple garden with the plan to redo it when we had settled in...wondering about doing a little retaining wall maybe like 2 bricks high as the yard is very sloped.we want a landscape to compliment the house.. thinking maybe quite a formal garden... also wanting to do a front fence

Comments (9)

• georgi02
    5 years ago

When you're doing your revamp think about using some swailing principles/permaculture working with your slope - it'll make your water work harder in your property (reducing your water costs and helping you drought proof your yard) and slow the water runs off during big rainfalls (helping to reduce overflowing drains). You've got a lovely home and a yard with heaps of potential. Good luck.

• Christy Reves
    5 years ago

Beautiful home and curb appeal. From my monitor the slope is not captured. Aren't you the lucky ones to have such beautiful brick to work with? I do think the yard needs some texture, color. Perhaps an Asian jasmine ground cover border along your walkway. I think you need a show-stopping tree Something light and airy that blooms. I agree with others, you have heaps of potential. Good luck.

• JE C
    5 years ago
    I personally think the current style suits the house, which is rather grand. I would stick with something formal and not too busy, still using hedges.
  • Stella Hansen
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    any ideas what for front fence
  • KK1000
    5 years ago
    Front fence idea
  • JE C
    5 years ago

This fence and something like this landscaping might suit.

• julie herbert
    5 years ago
    Some ideas for fencing ,
  • julie herbert
    5 years ago
    Your house looks beautiful with what you have done, I would continue the garden and add hedges and even a water feature to keep with the formality of the house , I think the more structured the garden it would compliment the house and look fabulous, I have lots of hedges and by clipping them twice a year it keeps them looking great