shazzyloumillions

Ceasarstone Cloudburst Concrete - Colour Scheme

Hi all,

We are about to order our kitchen. The benchtop will be Cloudburst, and we were thinking of going two tone, with a grey (Dulux 'Milton Moon') on the top cabinetry and white on the bottom. I'm just second-guessing the Cloudburst on white cabinets. Does it blend in too much? Is there enough contrast to create texture? I was envisioning that it would be white cabinetry with a lovely greyish benchtop, and a contrasting grey upper cabinet. I'm concerned that would I will actually get is white cabinetry with dirty white benchtop on top, then grey upper cabinets. If that's the case, I think I would have both upper and lower cabinets the same grey. Help!

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    5 years ago

Which white on the lower cabinetwork? There are more whites, and off-whites than greys, each with their own subtle undertones. A cool white or a warm white? Best to lay out samples to each other and see how you perceive them when they are adjacent.

I think that you may have more luck by reversing the colours, and having the grey for the base cabinetwork, and whatever white you end up choosing for the overheads. The darker colour anchors the kitchen (and hides dirt better), with the lighter colour at eye height makes it look larger and lighter.

Also be careful with tall cabinetwork, such as the tall panels adjacent to fridge recesses and wall ovens when you have different colours between upper and lower cabinetwork. What colour will your tall panels be?

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

• shazzyloumillions
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks for your reply! It will be a cool, pure white on the bottom (the photo makes it look warm, but it's not).

This is my inspiration, but the stone bench they have used is Topus which is darker than Ceasarstone. Their grey is also darker.

We would have a timber bench installed in the return of our island bench instead of a waterfall edge to bring in some natural warmth.

The upper grey cabinets will have vertical grooves as per the inspiration photo above. So the panel between fridge cavity and cabinetry will be white and plain to match, like the bottom drawers. Here is our floorplan:

As mentioned, my vision is that it's a light grey benchtop on top of white bottom cabinets, with a contrasting grey upper cabinet. So I'm just not sure the Cloudburst will have enough interesting contrast against the white cabinetry, or will it just look dirty/cream.

Any help would be appreciated!

• canaanpat
    5 years ago
    Hello Shazzy,
    The cloudburst bench top is a great choice.
    Your colour choice will work fine! if you want clarification have a look on the ceaserstone website at all the cloudburst kitchen examples.
    I'm not sure what you mean by having a timber return?
  • fleurphelan
    3 years ago

Hi
    what did U end up with? Would love to see your final kitchen.
    I have the same dilemma with cloudburst

• wendalls
    3 years ago

Also interested in what you mean by a timber return? Do you mean timber waterfall instead of stone?