jenn_sinclair

CRIMSAFE IN CAVITY SLIDER POCKETS

Jenn Sinclair
5 years ago

I've kind of got my heart set on a big 6m wide opening doors from kitchen to alfresco to be cavity stacker doors to get the seamless transition look. It is also important for us to be able to leave the house with the doors open for air flow, so looking at getting Crimsafe. However one of the installers said they won't do Crimsafe sliders into a cavity as it would get too hard (have to install it during the build rather than after, and hard to get to if there are problems down the track etc)

Has anyone got experience or suggestions as to what I can do, are there any other products out there that would allow me to get the big wide opening I want plus allowing me to leave the doors open but locked up while I'm out?

Comments (5)

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    5 years ago

Are these new doors into a new wall or new doors into an existing wall?

Jenn Sinclair thanked MB Design & Drafting
  • oklouise
    5 years ago

don't have the answer but i'm wondering if a section of a thicker than normal external wall was easily removable cladding then there could be access to the internal cavity for installation of the screen doors and for ongoing cleaning....obviously more expensive for labour and materials and would depend on cooperation between all trades early in the planning and throughout the build so ask your builder to coordinate the whole process instead of thinking about attempting to add the screens after

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    5 years ago

I don't think such a product exists. It may be easier to redesign your door to include highlight windows above the door head that can be left open and secured. Or find somewhere else for windows that can be left open and secured, and leave the cavity slider doors without any security screen. As heat rises highlight windows make good sense for getting rid of hot air. I am not sure why your designer hasn't suggested something so obvious?

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

Jenn Sinclair thanked Dr Retro House Calls
  • bigreader
    5 years ago
    The join where the two Crimesafe doors would meet in a sliding version would be a major weak point. It would negate the expense and security of having them them in the first place. It would be extremely easy to pop them open as sliders.
  • siriuskey
    5 years ago

Have to say I thought exactly the same as Dr. Retro much better result. Those Crimsafe doors never look good, sorry