aithin

Internal and deck or extension help!

Ai C
5 years ago

Hi Houzzers,

We have been slowly renovating the house and looking for advice on how to improve our current internal layout as well as extend our back with a deck (that we can convert to a sunroom) and then a floorplan extension in a few years when finances permit).

Our land slopes and so our dining room sits about 2.3m above ground level. I'd like to know where and how big should the deck be? I'd like to use this space as an extra dining area and sitting area when we entertain. At the moment we have been using the concrete slab near the pool and have pitched a temporary gazebo but find the location disjointed and a trek to whenever we are dining near there (most evenings).

I was thinking of this sunroom extension down the track initially but dont know whether its worth doing this or getting a proper extension with a room and we have an external laundry which we would still like to access.

Internally, we renovated our kitchen, closed a door off renovated bathrooms and opened the wall between our dining and kitchen and replaced all our windows. After all this we still feel the house doesnt flow and hope to get some advice on how we could further open it up.

Any suggestions would be great!

Comments (5)