anthony_rae4486140

Floor plan help

Anthony Rae
5 years ago

Hi there,

First time poster and hoping I can get some feedback from the community about my attempts at designing a renovation for our house.

We live in a 2bd, double brick 1930s semi detached house and wanting to extend. I'm not sure if we should go single level or build up, to try and maximise the space and have a bigger backyard.

Bear with me as these are my first and very rough attempts at drawing my plans.

Here is the original floorplan.

North facing - 400sqm in total. West side has an easement running the length of the property. Could build out another 60cm if needed.

Back of the dining room to back fence is 14.95 m, the East/west fence is 11.44m.

A) Single level

I would ideally like to keep the living room as a study but friends have suggested to turn it into a bedroom. I'm not sure how this would work - it has a fireplace but Im sure it can be removed. We would need a minimum of 3 bedrooms, ideally a fourth or study, an ensuite, a main bathroom and laundry plus living/dining/kitchen. Is this all too much to squeeze into this house?

B) Double story

Same requirements, I guess, ideally 3 bedroom upstairs with bathroom. Downstairs would have master with WIR and ensuite, laundry + powder room and study at the front then living/dining/kitchen at back.

Sorry for the weird drawings and lack of detail - I've left out names, windows, doors etc :(

What should we do with the living room and do these layouts even work?

Is anyone able to help or is this just a very strange request? Feel free to ask me questions!

Comments (11)