swich5

Kitchen Rangehoods

swich5
4 years ago

Hi! Does anyone out there have a range hood with external motor? We've technically bought a Sirius undermount with SEM2 motor and would ideally love to install it as close to the recommended 2 m away from the range on the exterior wall, but hadn't allowed for a bulkhead on our 2550mm ceilings. Therefore we either have to fork out for the bulkhead + flow on costs (lighting, labour, electrical perhaps??) or mount it directly outside the range hood on the exterior wall (the ducting is semi rigid 150mm, so not able to be ducted further along the wall cavity but it can be popped directly outside without having to run along a wall). Problem with this is that our alfresco is one side of the kitchen. While the rangehood is about halfway along that particular wall, I still think a powerful SEM 2 motor will be noisy even halfway away from the alfresco. Will that extra 1200mm or so further along that exterior stove wall make a difference to the noise factor outside? Or would we be better off saving the expense on the bulkhead and just be done with mounting it just outside the unit? (I'm not concerned with the noise heard from inside as the glass window splash back is fixed due to gas stove; I think it will still be less obtrusive inside than the recirculating rangehoods)

Ideas?

(The kitchen is 3730mm along that exterior wall)

Comments (2)