lucyh1

Need advice for furniture layout for living room

lucyh1
April 22, 2019

I need advice regarding furniture placement for a living room. The room is 6640 x 5300mm. There are floor to ceiling windows on two sides of the room; a third wall has a TV/fireplace and large recessed sliding doors (so that the room can be closed off from the kitchen/dining area); the fourth wall has two hydronic heaters (the gap between the two panels is 3000mm).

The room is currently a blank canvas - filled with mis-sized hand-me-down furniture. So we're looking to start from scratch - sofas, coffee table, rug and anything else that will make this a well furnished room (ottoman, book case, side tables? etc).

I'd especially like advice on sofa and rug placement and sizing but any other advice would be great. Thanks in advance for your help!

• bigreader
    What a beautiful light filled room. Do you need a tv in the room? Do you need window coverings? Love the concealed sliding doors.
  • bigreader
    Oops just noticed the tv. What else is the room used for? Does it need toy storage?
  • lucyh1
    There are existing recessed motorised roller blinds (pale grey). The room is used as a kid's play space by day and an adult living room by night. Toys are stored in bedrooms at the end of the day and the dolls house is not a permanent fixture!