wiz_zle

Help me dress my exterior windows

Wiz Zle
4 years ago
We are building a new house in the South-West of WA. It will be timber frame with external cladding and aluminium windows. In terms of our overall vibe, we are going for a more traditional farmer’s cottage. Our choices in doors, cabinetry, joinery and general internal decorating and landscaping reflect this.

Truth be said I love older style homes (think Federation) and as exciting as building new is, it’s hideously expensive trying to make our brand new house look old! So by necessity it will become a blend of old meets new.

Ideally I would have loved timber windows and frames but it isn’t going to happen. I’m investigating other ways I can dress my external windows. I feel as though they look unfinished - a bit like eyes without eye lashes!

Has anyone created their own external window sills on aluminium windows? I also like the idea of little planet boxes along the front of the window... I’m just not sure how to go about doing this or if it’s as simple as screwing a bit of wood trim into the cladding.

I Would love to hear of some other ideas, bonus for pictures, of ways to dress up the exterior windows.

Comment