scsimon

Rounded coping corners vs straight for rectangle pool

Scott Simon
4 years ago
Hi - in this rectangle pool you went with slight radius coping corners and most of the other pics you show all have square coping that follow the inside of the rectangle pool. Considering I will have concrete cantilever coping I prefer the straight lines and have it look like a true rectangle. What do you do differently with the coping to get the straight look? Thanks in advance
Gallery - Geometric Vinyl Pools · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Betz Pools Limited
    4 years ago

Most rectangular pools have straight cut copping at the corners, the round look is the rare exception done by request for personal taste. The standard straight corner has the stone cut at a 45 degree angle, as seen in the attached. photo.

• Scott Simon
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    I am assuming there is some type of white top mount copping underneath the stone for the liner? Was that rounded in the corners or is it straight? Does it matter for the straight corner look? I was under the impression the cantilever coping follows that track so if the white top track is rounded in the corners so would the cantilever coping. What should be done to the track underneath the stone in each corner of the rectangle to achieve the straight look in your attached picture - thanks
  • PRO
    Betz Pools Limited
    4 years ago

Apologies for delay in responding. The channel to secure the liner usually runs right into the corner and is fairly square. It sometimes requires a skilled installer to insert the top bead of the liner into the channel in the corners. I believe experienced installers each have their own techniques for handling this aspect of the installation.