ofaconsult

Slanted bedrooms

RemaiConsult
4 years ago
It’s a really tricky block. Irregular shape, battle axe etc... so really trying to make things work but I am not sure about the design plans that we’re getting.
The designs have slanted bedrooms. Is this acceptable, especially for future resale purposes.
Yes
No
Your suggestion

Comments (11)

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    4 years ago

Yep go for it. The site tells the designer what to do.

I would rotate the bed around in bed 4 though. Doesn't work for me.

The window may then need removing completely or just adjust the size.

Aside from that, looks awesome!

• cmnaustralia
    4 years ago
    I agree with dreamer - the shape adds interest.
  • Kate
    4 years ago
    May look great but it also looks costly. All those angles means lots of different length timbers and roofing. Also lots of waste with carpeting. But odd shape blocks are hard to fit cookie cutter homes. Get a builder to review
  • siriuskey
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Spot on Kate, I feel that there's just too many sharp angled walls, love an angled roof though

• oklouise
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

not fond of the angled walls but can we see the whole house plan on the block? the dimensions on the plan don't show how much space is available in the angled corners...don't understand the centred big windows on two sides of all the bedrooms making furniture placement, privacy and sun control for your restricted plans much more difficult ... smaller, tall, offset and/or corner windows could better suit the angles and a highlight window in the wiw would provide daylight and better ventilation...my suggestions include swapping the toilet and shower so you don't have to walk through a wet floor to the toilet, lose the small hall outside the master bedroom and straighten the stairs for a more spacious entry and simple gables could suit the irregular shaped building better than the hip roof shown on the plans

• Alisa D
    4 years ago

I am more interested to see the roof design.

• PRO
    Paul Di Stefano Design
    4 years ago

We regularly utilise splayed planning & design mechanisms, however they need to be managed and implemented super carefully, and justified from function and efficiency. Obtuse angles can work particularly well, as they open up & create a larger feeling space, but when you get acute angles in the wrong proportion space like above they can close it down and create awkward and arguably unusable corners

www.pauldistefanodesign.com

• Alisa D
    4 years ago

So eloquently put.

• macyjean
    4 years ago

I love it, as others have said it adds interest.

I'm thinking for future resale purposes it might mean styling the house to demonstrate that it's a desirable feature and not a problem, because not everyone can visualise what to do with anything out of the ordinary.

• PRO
    Kitchen and Home Sketch Designs
    4 years ago

I think the rooms work well because the robes and entry doors are together leaving the remainder, all be it angled, of the room for the furniture. It is quirky!!