diddymoo

ugly east facing side garden off deck

diddymoo
4 years ago

I have a terribly ugly area off my deck that is heavily shaded due to the deck and the neighbours over hanging trees.

Measures 12m. there's a 2m section off the house to the first deck post. this is where I would prefer the bbq and ideally a bench to put glassware on and an outdoor fridge or Engel that we can just turn on when guests are over (we do have a drinks fridge inside the door but its not convenient when we are sitting outside to go in and out all day.

the next section is three gaps of deck posts that are around 3.3m in width.

first and third gap I was thinking of putting pots with plants. the middle gap id love to put a modern chimnea for warmth and ambience.

so im asking advice for:

- the ground - I was initially thinking of putting stones along there (because its an easy and cheap option) but the neighbours trees drop ALOT and I thought it might be hard to keep it tidy. otherwise paving or synthetic grass?

- something to hide the fence - although the pool and irrigation pipes are underground and run along that fence so I cant dig in posts for screens...

-bbq and bench solution. when the builders were onsite they were going to do a cheeky extension of the deck to the fence so that I could have the bbq there. but the renos done now and they aren't on site anymore so its not going to happen. what else could I do?

thanks

deck from back of house to first post - the left is where td prefer the bbqs to go.

modern chimnea styly that I like

Comments (5)