isiu76

Looking for a cheaper alternative to custom BIR / robes

Belle
4 years ago

Hi everyone - This is our first foray into renovating and we're completely overwhelmed!

We have a very limited budget and have been told that there is no way we can get everything done. So, I'm trying to find cost savings everywhere.

I've received quotes for bedroom joinery but hoping to find a cheaper alternative. I'm in need of 3 things:

1/ A large wardrobe for the boy's bedroom (two boys sharing). They won't need much hanging but more drawers and shelves.

2/ Need the same as above for the baby's room but on a smaller scale.

3/ Finally, the master would need some robes but only if we can afford it. Parents might be living out of suitcases for a year! Long hanging, half length hanging, drawers and shelves.

Any ideas are welcome. Thank you in advance.

Comments (3)

• oklouise
    4 years ago

for small children consider a modest chest of drawers (IKEA and Fantastic Furniture etc) that can later be used inside built ins when funds allow and check out the DIY metal shelving available for inside wiw or flatpac wardrobes IKEA and Kaboodle

• PRO
    Paul Di Stefano Design
    4 years ago

depends on budget and what you're working with but potential semi-temporary/shorter term options could be something like Ikea or Howards Storage. Custom joinery, whether flat packed or fitted is not cheap, and the sky's the limit depending upon what you spec, and the more drawers you have the higher the cost, but arguably the better long term investment if the budget can stretch. Maybe you have to prioritise areas and achieve it bit by bit as you can afford it over time

Good luck! PD

Rippleside Residence · More Info

• Belle
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you. Great ideas and yes, maybe built ins will have to wait...