webuser_970701395

Overwhelmed: I don't even know who to hire - Where to start?

HU-970701395
4 years ago

I have a house built in 1905. Due to a series of unfortunate events, it has fallen into disrepair. The roof and gutters need to be repaired, I had a pipe burst destroying the master bath and kitchen, the back door stairs have fallen apart, storm door to basement needs to be replaced...

It has a slate roof and box gutters. The roof and gutters are in desperate need of repair. I have a "skylight" in the bathroom that is the height of indoor/outdoor living, if you know what I mean. I have a series of must haves (like I must have a kitchen and roof) and a series of want to haves, like a patio in the back. I have no experience in executing a project of this scale. I have done some DIY projects on a remodel of someone else's (tile, paint, trim work, etch) and would like to be involved in some of the projects to save money and add personal touches.

I can research myself to death on projects. Can someone help me figure out what type of company to hire to get the ball rolling on this? Point me in the right direction.

Comment (1)